Mary



    The following dialog it’s a real testimony of an eight years old little girl in the early 80s about how she killed her own cat and her newborn baby brother the same day as her parents weren't home. Today Mary lives into her own house away from her parents as they avoiding her since then.

Therapist: Good morning Mary.

Mary: Hi.

Therapist: How are you today?

Mary: Fine.

Therapist: How was your night here?

Mary: Cold.

Therapist: You need something from us?

Mary: A blanket.

Therapist: You need one now?

Mary: No.

Therapist: How is your hand?

Mary: Fine.

Therapist: Do you want anything to feel better?

Mary: A coco.

Therapist: Ok Mary. You will have your drink as soon as we finish our little talk. Ok?

Mary: (Nods…)

Therapist: Do you know why are you here Mary?

Mary: Yup…

Therapist: Do you want to tell me?

Mary: I did something really bad…

Therapist: What did you do Mary?

Mary: I hurt Kevin.

Therapist: Do want to tell me who is Kevin?

Mary: My baby brother.

Therapist: What happened to him?

Mary: He died.

Therapist: Who did he die Mary?

Mary: I killed him.

Therapist: Are you able to understand what “kill” means Mary?

Mary: (Nods…)

Therapist: You did it on purpose?

Mary: Aha…

Therapist: You loved your brother.

Mary: Nop.

Therapist: Why?

Mary: Because he was crying… Constantly…

Therapist: Where was your parents that day?

Mary: To my aunt.

Therapist: They were to your aunt?

Mary: (Nods…)

Therapist: Where your aunt lives?

Mary: Next door.

Therapist: Mary… How old your brother was?

Mary: Three months.

Therapist: Does your parents used to leave him alone with you in the past?

Mary: Nop…

Therapist: So… That was the first time, right?

Mary: Yup...

Therapist: Have you ever hurt your brother before Mary?

Mary: Just imagining…

Therapist: Imagining of what?

Mary: Of hurting him… Really bad…

Therapist: Why?

Mary: I wanted to be alone.

Therapist: Alone. Without him?

Mary: Yeah.

Therapist: How?

Mary: (Raising her shoulders.)

Therapist: You don't know?

Mary: Maybe…

Therapist: Maybe?

Mary: (Raising her shoulders.) Maybe…

Therapist: When I asked you if you did it on purpose you answered “Aha”… Remember?

Mary: Maybe…

Therapist: Did your parents tell you to take care of Kevin as they will be on your aunt?

Mary: No. They said to stay in my room.

Therapist: Why did they say that Mary?

Mary: Stop calling my name all the time. It’s annoying.

Therapist: Let me rephrase then. Why did they say that?

Mary: Because sometimes I used to make him cry by scared him?

Therapist: Scared him?

Mary: Yup…

Therapist: How?

Mary: By making load noises next to his ear while he was sleeping.

Therapist: During daytime or nighttime?

Mary: Nighttime.

Therapist: Why nighttime?

Mary: Because it’s more spooky.

Therapist: Have you ever had problem with your parents in the past?

Mary: (Raising her shoulders…)

Therapist: Mary. Have you ever had bad thoughts about your parents?

Mary: Sometimes…

Therapist: Like doing bad things to them?

Mary: (Nods…)

Therapist: Have you ever hurt your parents?

Mary: Nop…

Therapist: Do you want to?

Mary: Yeah.

Therapist: Like killing them or hurting them?

Mary: Killing them…

Therapist: How did you kill your little brother?

Mary: By drowning him.

Therapist: How did you came up with an idea like that?

Mary: I don’t know. I just did.

Therapist: You liked while you were killing him?

Mary: (Nods…)

Therapist: He was crying as you were drowning him?

Mary: Don’t know. I was holding his body under the water.

Therapist: Into the bathtub?

Mary: Yeah…

Therapist: What did you do next Mary?

Mary: I put Sherly to the oven…

Therapist: Who is Sherly?

Mary: Our kitty…

Therapist: Was the oven in use?

Mary: Yeah… Mom was cooking…

Therapist: Why did you kill her?

Mary: She was so quiet I suppose…

Therapist: What happened when your parents returned home?

Mary: I was in my room playing…

Therapist: You were playing as your brother was dead into the bathtub?

Mary: Yeah.

Therapist: What happened next?

Mary: Mom went to the bathroom and saw my brother dead…

Therapist: What your mom did next?

Mary: She screamed.

Therapist: You felt joy with your parents suffer?

Mary: (Nods…)

Therapist: What your mom said to you?

Mary: She asked what happened.

Therapist: What did you say?

Mary: I said Kevin is dead…

Therapist: How did she react to this statement Mary?

Mary: She fell to the floor and cry…

Therapist: What did you do?

Mary: Keep playing.

Therapist: How did you come here?

Mary: They brought me! After the hospital.

Therapist: Do you miss your parents?

Mary: No.

Therapist: Do you want to go home?

Mary: They don’t want to…

Therapist: Do you?

Mary: No.

Therapist: Why?

Mary: I'm gonna kill them.

Therapist: You want to protect them from you?

Mary: (Raising her shoulders…)

Therapist: Do you know what is going to happen to you from now on Mary?

Mary: I will stay here for a while.

Therapist: Do you want to stay here?

Mary: I suppose.

Therapist: That’s all for today Marry thank you, I will bring you now your coco and you will go back to your room. Is that ok?

Mary: (Nods…)

Therapist: See you tomorrow Mary.

Mary: Bye.

Βασίλης Χαντζής

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις